The next Devon Strut meeting at the Exeter Court Hotel will be on Thursday 13th January when Counter Terrorism Awareness Advisor, Sorrel Layne of Counter Terrorism Policing – South West will tell us about the latest developments with Project Pegasus and the wider aspects of Counter Terrorism.
See Events page for location information
Welcome to all pilots, aircraft builders and aviation enthusiasts.
The Devon Strut is an affiliated branch of the UK's Light Aircraft Association and promotes safe, affordable, recreational flying through the support and encouragement of homebuilding, flying & self-maintenance of light, micro-light, classic & vintage aircraft.
3. Check the weather here
4. You must have the required maps for the portion of the intended route (Chart amendment information here).
5. You should have charts or a description of the airfield or strip at which you are going to land.
6. If PPR is required you should obtain it by phone before departure.
7. If you have not been to the airfield before, talk to the airfield owner or a qualified CFI/FI for a local area airfield brief.
8. Approaching airfield listen out before getting close, to pick up local weather & gauge how busy it is.
9. Know the airfield joining instructions, circuit direction, areas to avoid etc.
10. If it's a non-radio airfield, use Safetycom on 135.475 and make blind transmissions.
This list is not exhaustive but will aid in making life legal and safer for us all. (With acknowledgements to the International Auster Club.)
The Devon Strut is twinned with:
RAA Toronto and