The next Devon Strut meeting at the Exeter Court Hotel will be on Thursday 10th February. This will be the Strut's AGM and will be followed by a talk by David Burrows, Exeter Airport's Air Traffic Services Manager.
See Events page for location information
3. Check the weather here
4. You must have the required maps for the portion of the intended route (Chart amendment information here).
5. You should have charts or a description of the airfield or strip at which you are going to land.
6. If PPR is required you should obtain it by phone before departure.
7. If you have not been to the airfield before, talk to the airfield owner or a qualified CFI/FI for a local area airfield brief.
8. Approaching airfield listen out before getting close, to pick up local weather & gauge how busy it is.
9. Know the airfield joining instructions, circuit direction, areas to avoid etc.
10. If it's a non-radio airfield, use Safetycom on 135.480 and make blind transmissions.
This list is not exhaustive but will aid in making life legal and safer for us all. (With acknowledgements to the International Auster Club.)