Welcome to all pilots, aircraft builders and aviation enthusiasts.
The Devon Strut is an affiliated branch of the UK's Light Aircraft Association and promotes safe, affordable, recreational flying through the support and encouragement of homebuilding, flying & self-maintenance of light, micro-light, classic & vintage aircraft.
Thursday 12th May 2016
at the Ley Arms, at 7.30pm.
David Thomson -
World Aerobatic Championships
1. Check all relevant Notams here. * NEW * NotamInfo map display here.
2. Check for the Red Arrows displays - free AIS Info line 0500-354-802 or see here and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight displays here
3. Check the weather here
4. You must have the required maps for the portion of the intended route (Chart amendment information here).
5. You should have charts or a description of the airfield or strip at which you are going to land.
6. If PPR is required you should obtain it by phone before departure.
7. If you have not been to the airfield before, talk to the airfield and preferably the owner or a qualified CFI/FI for a local area, airfield brief.
8. Approaching airfield listen out before getting close, to pick up local weather & gauge how busy it is.
9. Know the airfield joining instructions, circuit direction, areas to avoid etc.
10. If it's a non-radio airfield, use Safetycom on 135.475 and make blind transmissions.
This list is not exhaustive but will aid in making life legal and safer for us all. (With acknowledgements to the International Auster Club.)
And if you get stranded somewhere, consider contacting the Stranded Flyer volunteer network for help.
Our next fly-out will be to
Saturday 14th May
(see airfield details)
Porthtowan on 21st May (with toilets on site plus free food) and
Mon. 30th May.
LAA 70th Anniversary Photoshoot at Dunkeswell Sat. 7th May, 12.00
Please contact Dave Silsbury on 07743-487178 or
free landings for participants